Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Laboretory of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, head Prof. A.A. Zamyatnin
Postdoctoral positions are available in the laboratory of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University, Moscow, Russia. These positions are intended for highly motivated individuals with new or recent PhD in biochemistry, biophysics, cell and molecular biology or related fields. The aim of one project is the molecular characterization of novel cancer-retina antigens and their possible applications in cancer immunotherapy. Alternatively, the subject can be connected with the structure and function of plant proteases and their applications in biotechnology and medicine.
Education, experience and technical skills
1. PhD degree;
2. Experience in scientific research related to the Laboratory’s profile;
3. Fluency in English;
4. Experience in writing and publishing scientific papers in peer-reviewed scientific publications indexed by the Web of Science and / or Scopus systems.
Personal attributes and competencies
1. Experience in conducting and developing scientific research as a responsible person or in collaboration with a research supervisor;
2. Experience in implementing complex experiments and observations
3. Experience in collecting, processing, analyzing and generalizing scientific information, best practices and experiments’ and observations’ results;
4. Must be acquainted with cutting-edge tools and techniques of planning and organization of scientific research, conduction of experiments and supervision;
5. Experience in conducting scientific supervision of a employee’s group during scientific researches and experience in implementing of complex scientific researches as a responsible person;
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, experienced in working within multicultural and multidisciplinary research teams;
7. High motivation for academic research, having initiative and capable of working independently as well as in team environments;
8. Values continuous improvement based on constructive evaluation, self-reflection and learning.
If you meet the qualities and skills, and have a necessary experience, then we offer you job in the positions of junior research fellow, research fellow, senior research fellow or leading research fellow at the Laboratory of Medical Genetics depending on your qualifications and on the following conditions:
1. Full-time contract for one year with possibility of extension;
2. Accommodation on favorable terms at University’s campus;
3. Flight compensation in economy class from the place of your living to the Sechenov University’s location;
4. Reimbursement of Health insurance expenses;
5. Support of excellent mentors & professional administration.
The mandatory requirement of employment is to submit in one year of work in the form of publication of papers in peer-reviewed scientific publications indexed by the Web of Science and / or Scopus systems for at least two papers in journals in the first quartile Q1 or with impact factor not less than 2.5 indicating you as a Sechenov University’s employee as a author of the said papers.
We look forward to receiving your online application including a cover letter describing the motivation of the candidate for the position, a CV including addresses of 2-3 potential referees, copies of BSc/MSc and PhD transcripts, a summary of the applicant's PhD thesis (if already completed). Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through this online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
For further information please contact Ms. Yusifova Samira, at Yusifova.email@example.com (no applications).