The Institute for Regenerative Medicine of the Sechenov University is seeking young international scientists to hire for the following positions:
Position 1: Specialist in Computational Biology
Key Responsibilities: To build computer models of biological systems such as cell cultures, cell spheroids, tissue-engineered constructs; to develop and use visual simulations in order to assess the complexity of such biological systems.
Position 2: Specialist in Computational Biology
Key Responsibilities: To model and simulate biological structures using dense 3D measurements via technologies such as magnetic resonance imaging and to predict how these systems will react under different environments.
Position 3: Specialist in 3D Bioprinting
Key Responsibilities: 3D Extrusion or LIFT bioprinting, cell biology, bioinks (collagen, hyaluronic acid, etc.), material testing.
Position 4: Specialist in Biomechanics and Atomic-Force Microscopy.
Key Responsibilities: AFM application in biology, nanoindentation; Assess mechanical properties of tissues, biomaterials, and cells, inc. cell-laden constructs; Quantify interaction between microstructure and mechanical properties of the studied samples; Characterize the material properties of tissues (e.g. heart valves) and how they may be emulated by chemically-treated animal tissue or synthetic materials; Manufacture functionally structured porous materials; Assess and analyze the interaction between biomaterial surface/structure and cells.
Qualifications to all positions:
1. PhD in Cell Biology, Engineering, Material Sciences, Mathematics or relevant field;
2. Not less than six scientific papers published for the last three years in peer-reviewed journals indexed by the Web of Science and / or Scopus systems (three of them – in Q1);
3. Proficiency in English, good writing and communication skills;
4. Wet-lab or computational background and a strong interest in interdisciplinary collaboration.
If you meet the qualities and skills, and have a necessary experience, then we offer you job in the positions of junior research fellow, research fellow, senior research fellow or leading research fellow on your qualifications and on the following conditions:
1. Full-time contract for one year with possibility of extension;
2. Accommodation on favorable terms at University’s campus;
3. Flight compensation in economy class from the place of your living to the Sechenov University’s location;
4. Reimbursement of Health insurance expenses;
5. Support of excellent mentors & professional administration.
The mandatory requirement of employment is to submit in one year of work in the form of publication of papers in peer-reviewed scientific publications indexed by the Web of Science and / or Scopus systems for at least two papers in journals in the first quartile Q1 or with impact factor not less than 2.5 indicating you as a Sechenov University’s employee as a author of the said papers.
We look forward to receiving your online application including a cover letter describing the motivation of the candidate for the position, a CV including addresses of 2-3 potential referees, copies of BSc/MSc and PhD transcripts, a summary of the applicant's PhD thesis (if already completed). Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through this online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
For further information please contact Ms. Yusifova Samira, at Yusifova.firstname.lastname@example.org (no applications).